The County Treasurer is a mandated non-partisan elected position. In Gilliam County the County Treasurer is also responsible for many of the accounting and financial functions of Gilliam County, including the annual budget process. This position compiles and analyzes financial statements, budgetary reports and makes revenue and budget forecasts for the County Court . The position advises department heads and the County Court of financial conditions; identifies problem areas and provides recommended solutions to the Court.
The Primary duties of the Treasurer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Depositing and investing county funds
- Bonds issued by the County
- Reconciliation of all County Accounts
- Distribution of tax funds to the local taxing districts
- Fiscal accounting of the Economic Enhancement Funds, business development revolving loan funds, and Shutler Station Industrial Park projects
- Monitoring of all the County Grants
- Create distribution schedules for property taxes
The Primary duties of the Budget Officer include the following:
- Develop County Budget; includes data entry for department budgets as provided by Dept. Heads.
- Staff all Budget Committee Meetings; provide all supporting documents for budget committee
- Advertise Budget hearings
- Provide all documents required by State to Assessor, Clerk and State of OR
- Create resolutions for changes in budget authorized by the County Court
- Develop Supplemental budget documents when necessary
- Provide all wage projections for Court, Compensation Board and Union
The Primary duties of the Finance Officer Include but are not limited to the following:
- Administer Loans entered into by the county
- Keep all records on construction projects and issue checks
- Provide revenue projections to the County Court
- Do the accounting for all projects in the County which use County Funds
- Provide recommendations for County Financial issues to County Court
- Responsible for all the financial aspects of granting, financing and compliance for State and Federal agencies involved with County programs & projects
Investing County Funds
Gilliam County's Business Development Loan Program is taking applicants. This program is open to Gilliam County businesses and non-profit organizations employing at least one part-time individual. If your business is looking to expand, diversify, or just needs a little boost of working capital, our program gives you a great option for favorable rates and terms. Funding is primarily for 'gap' financing. Additional information and application can be obtained at Gilliam County Treasurer Office.
Gilliam County - Public Hearing Notice
A public meeting of the Budget Committee of Gilliam County, State of Oregon, will be held on June 19, 2013 at 11:00 am at Gilliam County Courthouse, 221 S Oregon St., Condon, Oregon. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013 as approved by the Gilliam County Budget Committee. A summary of the budget is attached. A copy of the budget may be inspected or obtained at Gilliam County Treasurer's Office, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. This budget is for an annual budget period. This budget was prepared on a basis of accounting that is the same as used the preceding year.